Saturday 14 April 2012

'Another view' journal writing with a nice suprise

With having the initial apprehension about the method of journal writing 'from another view', I must say I had an interesting time writing my journal entry from this external persective!!

When taking reflection from a rehearsal session and workshop through the 'thoughts' of my water bottle I unveiled some startling revelations about myself.

With the constant, yet feint theme of self doubt being apparant within my personality I realise now that this tool can help me to give a more sympathetic, self considerate and positive view upon my professional work.
This objective view can be an easier to way to put pen to paper, reflect and outwardly discuss ''Hayley's'' matters on anothers behalf... especially when the negative days do arise. I often seem to detract myself from some situations where I struggle to see the clarity in reflection, by tuning into this subconcious I feel that this method of stripping the issues and the super critical thoughts I have away, it will give me the clear platform and breathing space for the more important and relevant reflection to take place.

Maybe I should only apply this method occasionally when I feel I have hit the wall and see no other way of getting past ( for instance than with other more personal means of writing and reflection)?
To my suprise this is one I shall put in place.

I would be interested in discussing with others who have had an initial query about this method...how have you gone about it? What are your own findings within your personal pracice?

Another thing I discovered... poor water bottle!! I don't always express my anger, stress and unease...but I can say that the bottle feels it!! After this particularly difficult rehearsal day I found the bottle was squeezed within an inch of it usage!! It is my stress reliever aswell as a useful tool by the looks of it.
As it is kinder to me than myself, maybe I shall channel that unforgiving energy and be kind to the bottle in return!!

No comments:

Post a Comment